question

seanpath avatar image
seanpath asked

Slow speeds with MSFS

As a developer that is looking into Playfab, I am concerned about performance and experience. I am using MSFS as an example. I was told hosting through Playfab was the key problem with speeds from Playfab servers. I looked into this and found myself that the service provides 5MBit/s type speeds with downloads for US-West based folks as an example. Downloading gigs of updates takes folks days.

Any input as to why this is happening? Its not last mile related. Testing has confirmed that. Is there a larger networking issue on the Azure side? Is this the experience we can expect with this service?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

To clarify, PlayFab Multiplayer Server is designed based on sessions, it is more suitable as a server that handles game logic in each match rather than a server for storing or distributing resources.

According to the description, you may need a CDN service, please refer to Azure Content Delivery Network | Microsoft Azure.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.