question

ctsali18 avatar image
ctsali18 asked

How do I revoke/remove the developer token that appears in PlayFabEditorPrefsSO asset?

I have just noticed that my developer token (autogenerated in PlayFabEditorPrefsSO asset after successful login via the PlayFab editor extension) is present in my public git repository's history.

I have already inactivated the secret developer key available in my dashboard. However, how can I revoke this other one? because it seems to be different than my developer secret key

unity3dsdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The developer token is the access token when you login as developer to the Editor extension, it is not the developer secret key. It should not be exposed. You may want to git ignore the relevant file. You can remove this token by logout the editor extension.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael Urvan avatar image Michael Urvan commented ·

What does this token allow them to do, if someone did get a copy of it what permissions does it have on your PlayFab account? What operations can they perform on the PlayFab account if any?

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Urvan avatar image Michael Urvan commented ·

Also, you said "logout to clear the token" but does that invalidate the token on the server or just clear it from the local file?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.