question

Kieran Newland avatar image
Kieran Newland asked

OnlineSubsystemPlayFab breaks existing beacon functionality in Unreal

Hello,

Due to the requirement of changing the SocketSubsystem to work with PlayFab Party and Lobbies, this breaks any functionality in the project which may have existed with the use of beacons. Beacons are used as a way to interact with a server before committing to a map change

https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/InteractiveExperiences/Networking/OnlineBeacons/.

This can be reproduced by using any beacon set up with the DefaultEngine.ini change to for the PlayFabNetDriver. Unreal provides a example beacon class which can be used. You will get the following log:

LogOnline: Warning: PLAYFAB: FPlayFabSocketSubsystem::GetAddressInfo is not supported on PlayFab Sockets

LogNet: Error: No binding addresses could be found or grabbed for this platform! Sockets could not be created!

LogNet: Warning: Failed to init net driver ConnectURL: *TargetAddress*: No binding addresses could be found or grabbed for this platform! Sockets could not be created!

I'm working in Unreal 4.27.1 but I assume this is an issue in all versions.

Thanks

sdksunreal
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

I'm trying to reproduce this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kieran Newland avatar image Kieran Newland Made Wang commented ·

Hi Made. Have you had any success with being able to reproduce this?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Sorry for the late reply, this issue has been reported to the development team, thanks for your understanding.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.