Lately, when trying to manipulate the Title Data through the PlayFab developer website, it won't accept any changes.
- Delete keys
- Edit keys
- When I click "Upload JSON", I get the error even before I get a file picker dialog.
I CAN still use the Admin API through my Node JS server.
This is the error I'm getting:
Top of the page:
- There was an error while loading data from the server. Please reload the page to retry.
Bottom of the page:
- There are some errors on this page.
- /api/en-us/XXXXX/content/title-data/edit/check:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 413 ()
I will try to programmatically remove the Title Data and see if the website becomes usable again. In the mean time, can you guys tell me how to solve this through the website itself?
Deleting all keys from the Admin API allowed me to edit the TitleData again, BUT:
...the bug report is now reduced to the following steps:
1) Please generate a more HELPFUL error message (e.g. too much data in keys, or even "413 Payload Too Large" would do)
2) Please allow me to DELETE keys when there is too much data. Even when, after deletion, there is STILL too much data.
3) Please align the data quota with the Admin API (hopefully in my favor)
- If use the Website to delete this one key that is 986 kb, it won't let me.
- If use the API to delete this one key that is 986 kb, the website works again.
- If I delete all other keys (that have a total size of ~1000 kb), the website does not work still.
So it appears to occur when a single key is too big. Key count doesn't matter.
- If I delete the key through the API, the website doesn't work immediately. I have to refresh the browser. This makes me think it's a client error.