question

Spencer avatar image
Spencer asked

How can I get a server to be of entity type game_server so that a server lobby can be created?

Hello. I am trying to create a lobby that is owned by the server but I keep getting an error. It seems that it is not getting the entity type game_server. This is the entity key that I get from "GetEntityToken" on the server. I am not sure if I need to pass the server entity key in like this for the owner or not, I was just trying everything. I tried faking it and sending in the owner with type "game_server" like the error I am getting talks about, but nothing changes. I tried this locally and on PlayFab's servers. Here is the error.

I guess the real question is how do I get a server to be of type "game_server" and not "title"? This is also on Unreal 5 with the GSDK and Marketplace plugin. This error is when I call "CreateLobby" in blueprints.

Thank you.

[2022.05.20-19.37.31:180][568]LogPlayFab: Request: {
    "AccessPolicy": "Public",
    "LobbyData":
    {
        "IPAddress": "fooo"
    },
    "MaxPlayers": 20,
    "Members": null,
    "Owner":
    {
        "Id": "Redacted",
        "Type": "title",
        "TypeString": "title",
        "IsTitle": true,
        "IsNamespace": false,
        "IsService": false,
        "IsMasterPlayer": false,
        "IsTitlePlayer": false
    },
    "OwnerMigrationPolicy": "None",
    "UseConnections": false
}
[2022.05.20-19.37.31:300][576]LogPlayFab: Response : {"code":401,"status":"Unauthorized","error":"NotAuthorized","errorCode":1089,"errorMessage":"Only entities of the following types may call this API: game_server, title_player_account"}
[2022.05.20-19.37.31:300][576]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [None] Error Code: 1089 
Error Name: NotAuthorized 
Error Message: Only entities of the following types may call this API: game_server, title_player_account 
Error Detail:
unrealmultiplayer
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

I will discuss this with the team.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

The Entity of game_server is still under development, please pay attention to the follow-up update of Available Built-In Entity Types - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

datnguyen avatar image datnguyen commented ·

So we cannot create server-own or title-own lobby currently?

2 Likes 2 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.