question

williamacarson1 avatar image
williamacarson1 asked

How to use PlayFabGroupsAPI.InviteToGroup

I am trying to use the Entity Groups system to allow players to create, join, and invite each other to groups. However I'm running into some issues. Specifically, how do I cause a group invite from Player1 to show up on Player2s client.

In the example you have 3 methods I am interested in; "InviteToGroup()," "OnInvite()," and "OnAcceptInvite()." My understanding of these methods was that InviteToGroup would call PlayFabGroupsAPI.InviteToGroup() on Player1s client which would trigger OnInvite() on Player2s client. However it seems to trigger OnInvite() on Player1s client, which limits the usefulness of this method. How can Player1 "send" an invite to Player2s client?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

williamacarson1 avatar image williamacarson1 commented ·

Never mind, I see the PlayFabGroupsAPI.ListGroupInvitations(). Kinda clunky but usable, thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
williamacarson1 avatar image
williamacarson1 answered

Never-nevermind. ListGroupInvitations doesn't let you list your own invitations, instead listing the invitations for a group. ListMembershipOpportunities is what I was looking for.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.