question

JJNCreator avatar image
JJNCreator asked

Issue with ValidateGooglePlayPurchase

Hi PlayFab Community,

I've run into a problem with the ValidateGooglePlayPurchase API. I have three In-App Products implemented for the Android port of my game. I use a plugin called Android Native Plugin, and during the billing process, I pass on the receipt to PlayFab along with the signature, purchase price, and currency code. However, it keeps saying there's no matching catalog item in the receipt. I looked at both the ItemIds and the In-App Product Ids and they match. Could it be because I have two different catalogs, one for iOS and one for Android?

Any help would be much appreciated, and I can email code snippets if needed.

Thank you

apisIn-Game EconomyPartner Add-ons
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For receipt validation to work, the product ID in the Google Play catalog must match the ItemId of an item in your Primary catalog in PlayFab. The original design of the catalog system was that all the items for the game would be in one catalog, and you'd have the one that the live game should be using set as the primary. Hence, the reason its "CatalogVersion" and not "CatalogId". Could you try merging the items into one catalog and setting it as the Primary?

We will be updating the system to support the model where you use multiple catalogs all live at once (we've already made some modifications to support it, since we see a few people using it that way), but that will get you unblocked for now.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

janmajayamohanty avatar image janmajayamohanty commented ·

Hi Brendan, is this feature already out ?, as I am not able to do a receipt validation on a non primary catalog.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan janmajayamohanty commented ·

We're actually about to release a new commerce model, which supports far larger inventories, as well as user generated content. Keep an eye on our blog page for more info on this.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.