question

Spektra Games avatar image
Spektra Games asked

Set Server Room Name

I am requesting a game server with using RequestMultiplayerServer api. The client should pass the room name to game server for let game server determine the room name. But as I see in api references, RequestMultiplayerServerRequest don't contains any data variable for send custom data to game server instance. I am using Photon Fusion for multiplayer side and room name is need for start the game socket by Photon Fusion

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

You can use either PlayFab Multiplayer server or the Photon Fusion multiplayer server. Why would you use both PlayFab and Photon at the same time? Could you describe your requirement?

0 Likes 0 ·
Spektra Games avatar image Spektra Games Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

I am using PlayFab Multiplayer server for orchestration server system. Photon fusion and PlayFab Multiplayer is different things; one is for realtime data transfer between server-client and another one is for store and manage game servers instances

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Spektra Games commented ·

When the client has requested a PlayFab multiplayer server and has connected to it, they can send the data (the room name) to the game server.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

I'm not familiar with Photon Fusion. But for RequestMultiplayerServer API, we can use SessionCookie parameter to send custom data to game server instance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.