question

lpatricelli avatar image
lpatricelli asked

Playfab and data storaging

Hello Everyone!

I am the data scientist of a game studio, and I am totally new to playfab.

I have a couple of questions about the data storage and the retention period:

• I noticed that the retention in our playfab database is 30 days, but it could be increased. If I set an insane number of days, will playfab keep all the data about players? Where can I find info on the database and the pricing?
  • Is it possible to make playfab save data to external databases? Or only azure DB is available? What are the advantages to use azure or other databases instead of playfab DB?
  • If I decide to use the playfab database, when I use the azure data explorer, will the queries return me all the data available or just a sample of them?
Player DataShared Group Datadataanalytics
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lpatricelli avatar image lpatricelli commented ·

In poor words, I'm trying to find a way to save permanently ALL of my data efficiently, and I was wondering if setting for example 999,999 days in retention would be enough or if I need to do something else, like paying for azure data storaging services

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered
  • You can modify the number of days for data retention, and there is currently no limit to the number of days. But if you really need to keep the data permanently, it is recommended to export some outdated data to reduce the cost. You can refer to Insights Pricing - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs and Pricing (playfab.com) to calculate the cost.
  • The automated exports we support are Amazon S3 Bucket and Microsoft Azure Blob, refer to Insights Export - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. I'm not an expert on this, I recommend checking out some of the official documentation to understand their advantages.
  • If you have connected Azure Data Explorer to Insights, then you can query all data.
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.