question

Alexander Wieser avatar image
Alexander Wieser asked

Is it possible to use custom payment providers?

Hey,

there are some payment providers I would like to include which are not directly supported by PlayFab. Most of them use a simple webhook notification systems, so the question is; Can I setup my own server answering the webhook requests and simply relay the notifcations to PlayFab or is this not possible? Is there another way or am I limited to using only the supported providers?

Since PlayFab only supports USD as a real money currency, would it be possible to simply setup real money currencies as virtual currencies? What consequences would that have?

Kind regards
Alex

sdksCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

It should be possible if your server can handle the entire transaction process, such as transaction initiation, receipt obtaining, verification of receipts, and distribution of items.

PlayFab doesn’t only support USD as a real money currency, if you are using a PlayFab supported payment provider, price will be converted for each country/region independently.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alexander Wieser avatar image Alexander Wieser commented ·

Thank you, my second question was badly worded. What I meant was, being able to set prices in different currencies, so we can set prices which are not converted and do not look like this 25 USD => 23,86 EUR. We would like to just set the price in EUR to 24.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Alexander Wieser commented ·

If you want to manually modify prices in different currencies, you may need to use an external service. As Getting started with PlayFab, Unity IAP, and Android especially this section shows, you can set the prices in different currencies.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexander Wieser avatar image Alexander Wieser Gosen Gao commented ·

Thank you, i think I have a fair idea now as to how that works.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.