question

legingergamer avatar image
legingergamer asked

Upgradable Items

Hi there, I'm currently creating a game in which I have a store of items which once purchased I want to be upgradable.
I was wondering if an item is going to have lets say 50 upgrades. Where would be the best place to store all that information for each level of an item? Since there's a limit to the data that you can store in custom data for an item.

Would it be wise to use an external database of all of these? Or would I be able to use the Title Data for this information? It would be a big Json file with the level of the item, ID, cost, Stats (string/object) and it's sell amount.

I'm really stumped for where to store this information as I'll need to get this data into the game

Jordan

Player DataCharacter Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

If the data is a static global constant, then it can be stored in TitleData, note that each pair of TitleData values has a size limit of 1,000,000 bytes.

If you need to make real-time changes to this data or the TitleData size is still not enough for your needs, then you may need an external database.

If it is only a number that will accumulate after the purchase, you may set this item as "stackable". With this option enabled, clients can check the stack number via "RemainingUses" property in the callback result, even it is not consumable.

You may also configure a Cloud Script/Azure Function to handle the complete purchase process and modify custom data of the item instance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.