question

nantdata avatar image
nantdata asked

Can I export all Player and Character data (e.g. Inventory, Virtual Currency, etc)

I'd like to export player and character non-event data (inventory, virtual currency, etc) into a data warehouse so that it sits next to the event data that comes from the Event Export. I see articles about exporting single player data using the various API endpoints but not all player data at a time. Is this possible to automate through the API or some other method? Thanks.

Player DatadataPlayer InventoryCharacter Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

PlayFab does not support exporting data of all players at once, you can export the data of a single player each time through ExportMasterPlayerData, please refer to PlayFab GDPR - Deleting and Exporting Player Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

Regarding automated export, you can create a Scheduled Task that runs an Azure Function Cloud Script on Segment All Players to call ExportMasterPlayerData.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nantdata avatar image
nantdata answered

Thanks @Made Wang for the advice. Using the automation you suggested above I would be iterating over each player and pulling their details from ExportMasterPlayerData. According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/cloudscript-af/quickstart#execution-limits there are pull limits per sec. Is there a chance I could hit these counts/sec limits if I go this route? Thanks.

2 comments
10 |1200

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

This is not the count limit, it's PlayFab's limit on the execution time of the Azure Function. Also, if the Azure Function triggered by Http times out, then you can try the Azure Function triggered by the queue.

0 Likes 0 ·
nantdata avatar image nantdata Made Wang commented ·

Thanks for your input @Made Wang.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.