question

이언우 avatar image
이언우 asked

Is the result of GetLeaderboardAroundUser cached?

Hello.

My game's titleId is EDF79.

We're having a problem showing player's position in the leaderboard.

We've tried to use GetLeaderboardAroundUser with parameter value "MaxResultsCount": 1.

The result is quite quick, but It's inaccurate.

Because there is many other players that has same statistics value in the same leaderboard.

I understand that it can be different whenever updates are occured, but the result of GetLeaderboardAroundUser is not being updated.

Does this API use caching mechanism? Then can you provide exact spec which describes about the interval of each update?

Otherwise, please let me know if I'm using those leaderboard related APIs in wrong way.

Thank you.

PS. this question is basically related to those questions:

- https://community.playfab.com/questions/19063/leaderboard-positions-wrong-duplicated-when-viewin.html

- https://community.playfab.com/questions/4604/wrong-leaderboard-position.html

apisLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

If you mean that the current player’s positions which gets from Game Manager and GetLeaderboardAroundUser are different, this is by design. This scenario only happens when there are multiple players that have the same statistics. If any of them try to use API GetLeaderboardAroundUser to get their own position, the response will show the same position. For example, if player A,B,C and D are all at score 100, and the position in Game Manager for them are 1,2,3,4. But with GetLeaderboardAroundUser, their position will be 1, since they are at the same score, they should be tied for first place. Also, as Brendan said in that thread, “leaderboard estimation in the current model computes the estimated positions for players in positions past 1,000 using a consistent sampling calculation”, their position may not be accurate.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

이언우 avatar image
이언우 answered

Thank you for explanation.

I know that It's been several years already since you guys said it'll be improved, but It's not still on the roadmap.

Basically it's a very important feature for any of multiplay game.

Correct positioning in the leaderboard makes users to stimulate their competitive spirit and compete with other players.

I cannot believe that it's not improved yet.

Actually, many players in our game is complaining about this.

Can you please include improving this feature in the roadmap? or can you switch the status of Leaderboard V2 to general preview?

Thank you.

1 comment
10 |1200

이언우 avatar image 이언우 commented ·

@Gosen Gao Is there any updates?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.