question

fabian-kuhn@gmx.de avatar image
fabian-kuhn@gmx.de asked

Secure way to give Coins after watchin ad Ad

Hello,

What would be a secure way to give Players coins after watchin an Ad ?

First i though about just calling a CloudScript which gives the Player the coins, but u could capture that request and just resend it as often as u want.

I use the Unity Ads, so there are no unique Ids or similar things.

Regards

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We'll be adding Supersonic to our Add-ons Marketplace after GDC, which will provide an easy path to this. Right now, you would need to work with an advertising partner which provides a Web API for verification of the ad impression, so that you could make that call via Cloud Script. From reviewing their docs, it's clear that Unity does not support this right now, so you would need to use the system as described in their docs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Brunot avatar image
David Brunot answered

Hey Brendan, I was just wondering on the timeline of the supersonic integration. We are about to integrate it into our game and would really love it if it was integrated with playfab when we do so. You said it was planned for after GDC but that was a couple of months ago so just looking for an update. If it's happening soon we can wait for it but if it's still awhile off then we'll just go ahead and do it with just Supersonic and merge it later.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, David - "post GDC" was about all we could say previously. We're working on add-ons in priority order, based on how many people have asked for each, and since that was very much in flux at the time, it was hard to say. Right now, it's not near the top of the list, going by total "votes", so I'd say it's still a ways out.

I do see that you clicked on the "let me know" option in the Supersonic page in the Add-ons Marketplace (and thanks for that, as the more info we get from developers, the better we can prioritize), so we'll be letting you know as soon as it's available.

10 |1200

cernji avatar image
cernji answered

Is this getting any closer? I see it's still on the to do list over a year later

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

As a live service, out priories can change on a daily basis, as our first priority is always going to be the reliability and stability of the service. That's why we try to make sure not to set expectations on when new features will be added, for things that aren't currently in development - simply put, we cannot guarantee things that aren't at the top of our priority list.

An integrated ad mediation solution with secure rewards is indeed still on our list, and we do want to add it as soon as we can, but I'm afraid I can't provide a date for that as of yet. We do have the ad reward system in beta, and can work with any pro tier title to enable that for them. The beta provides API calls for distributing rewards based on ads watched - not the secure end-to-end solution we plan to provide in the future, but at least a way to enable the functionality in the near term.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.