question

lukaskebel avatar image
lukaskebel asked

Unity Endless Runner Tutorial

Hi there. I wanted to connect a unity Game with playfab and still try to find one tutorial that actually works. I tried the Endless Runner Tutorial but it seems to be pretty much outdated and not at all working as intended.

First there is a file Missing to use the PlayFabAuth Service. It is never mentioned in the specific Tutorial but can be found here Auth File

Secondly i got to the part where you have to do some serialization. The Save and Read Function do not look a little like they should to work with the tutorial. If you just copy the whole parts out of the tutorial and use them instead i get just many Errors about missing parts in Unity. (Hashes and more) it would be great if there was mentioned which librarys you have to use to actually work with the tutorial to get anything running.

In the state it is right now this tutorial is not usefull to get started with playfab and Unity.

I think it is possible that the version of the endless runner currently in Store is not compatible to this tutorial anymore.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

UPDATE: Our document team has submitted a pull request and added a reference link for PlayFabAuthService. The update should be applied soon. Thanks again for your feedback.

Sorry for the confusion, I will submit a report to the team for the issue that the documentation doesn’t provide the source code of PlayFabAuthService.cs. For the other errors which occur when you copy the code to the project, you can fix it with IDE’s intelligence, such as Visual Studio’s “Quick Actions”.

We recommend that you can follow Quickstart: PlayFab Client library for C# in Unity to get started with PlayFab and Unity. Since this sample shows a common scenario, and it is quite simple. If you want to add PlayFab to an existing game, please read the corresponding documentation based on your requirements to integrate PlayFab into your game.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.