question

alphatrexgames avatar image
alphatrexgames asked

Send Verification Code Email with Unreal

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to register a user's account using a 6-digit code in Unreal Engine. I have everything working in Unreal with the code and all, but my issue is sending an email. Since PlayFab Email templates require for you to click on a link to verify, is there a way to send an email with the code?

Account Managementunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Email Template can only read data from player profile properties and Event data Common Properties. For example, you can get player’s display name with $Profile.DisplayName$. Since the code you mentioned is a custom data, it cannot be read by the Email Template.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alphatrexgames avatar image alphatrexgames commented ·

Thank you. So does that mean I have to use the link to verify a user's account, or is it possible to generate a code in the email template and get it over to Unreal?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao alphatrexgames commented ·

You need to use the link to verify the user's email. For more info, please refer to Using a rule to verify a contact email address.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.