question

Simone avatar image
Simone asked

PlayFab Party - Frequent Network disconnections

I'm using PlayFab Party networks to handle game data communications between players.
It all seems to work fine except from some disconnections happening a little too often. I tried to track down the source of those disconnections and they all seems to originate from a client_network_destroyed event triggered with a 63 error code ("failed to establish or mantain a connection to a network or remote peer") .

These disconnections are also not always consistent, they seems to happen totally at random, I can sometimes stay in a match for hours without any problems, while some other times I get disconnected a few minutes or even seconds after authenticating to a network.

Given the frequency and the fact that no other network related component is having problems I don't think it's something related to network connectivity, but I have no other clue about what else could be the problem here.

So, when are these specific errors triggered? Some more infos about why that error code is generated could help me a lot understanding what's the problem.

unrealmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

You can first refer to PlayFab Party QoS measurements - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to detect network conditions.

Also, which SDK are you using in what development environment?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.