question

peterkallviks avatar image
peterkallviks asked

What would be the easiest way to invite players to match?

I am developing a card game in Unity using PlayFab and a database back-end. I am at the stage where I need to find a proper and easy way to invite people to a match using the following methods:

• Friends list (implemented)
  • Random
  • Selected but not in friends list

I would like to do this so I have. a process where the person who invite sends an invite and the receiver get a choice to accept or deny the invitation.

Can someone please recommend a way of accomplish this in an easy fashion?

Matchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

peterkallviks avatar image peterkallviks commented ·

Well, I have not implemented the actual invitation process for the friendliest, only the actual friendliest.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

For random players, you can use matchmaking to make random matches, refer to Matchmaking quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

For specific players, you can match specific players by configuring StringEqualityRule, or you can use Lobby to create rooms and invite players, refer to PlayFab Multiplayer Lobby Quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.