question

Wang Yichun avatar image
Wang Yichun asked

SetupPushNotification question

1. Settings/Push Notifications/ UPDATE ANDROID NOTIFICATION
  2. input my key
  3. click REGISTER PUSH NOTIFICATIONS button
  4. an error come up: "Invalid parameter: Name Reason: An application with the same name but different properties already exists"
  5. i try postman, and a similar err: "{ "code": 400, "status": "BadRequest", "error": "PushServiceError", "errorCode": 1095, "errorMessage": "Invalid parameter: Name Reason: An application with the same name but different properties already exists"}"
  6. there is an ARN arn:aws:sns:us-west-2:388128039633:app/GCM/TestNativeCloud123 been set long long ago, it seems like I can't OverwriteOldARN??
  7. my titleid is D84D, please help..
  8. another try: use postman, set OverwriteOldARN = false, error message is : "GCM platform already configured for title: arn:aws:sns:us-west-2:388128039633:app/GCM/TestNativeCloud123"
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That error ("An application with the same name but different properties already exists") means that AWS SNS is telling us that there's another ARN set up for that app name. The app's name is your title's name in the Game Manager, so the first thing to do is to make sure that's set to the actual name of your title. Next, if that name is a common word or term, you may want to add something to it, to make sure it's unique - like adding your studio name (or part of it) to the game name. Finally, if you're using multiple Title IDs for dev/test/live, you'll need to make sure they're each distinctly named.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jccacha14 avatar image jccacha14 commented ·

What if I uploaded a certificate for sandbox but now want to change it for a production certificate?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jccacha14 commented ·

Generally speaking, we recommend using separate titles for test versus production. But if you run into this error in the scenario you describe, renaming your title in the Game Manager then re-trying should work.

0 Likes 0 ·
Przemek avatar image Przemek brendan commented ·

@Brendan Hi! Apple force developers to recreate push certificates once a year. Always when I am updating the .pem file via Game Manager I have to change the Playfab title's name first. Otherwise an error come up: "Invalid parameter: Name Reason: An application with the same name but different properties already exists".

Is there something you/we can do to stop this? Being forced to rename title once a year is quite strange, don't you think? ;-)

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
teemosoft2 avatar image
teemosoft2 answered

Any Process?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.