question

Franc Pujolar i Pohl avatar image
Franc Pujolar i Pohl asked

PlayFabEconomyAPI.ReviewItem not working

When I call PlayFabEconomyAPI.ReviewItem, it executes correctly, and doesn't give errors, but the ugc item still has 0 ratings.

When I put "rating" in the select parameter, I get this:

InvalidRequest: /Catalog/SearchItems: Unsupported property 'rating' in select. Correlation Id: 3EDHTt6JqUyBD3WGPkXz1A.0 MS-CV: 3EDHTt6JqUyBD3WGPkXz1A.0

Order by rating doens't work either.

But when I call PlayFabEconomyAPI.GetItemReviews, I get the ratings.

How do I get the ratings, and how do I order by rating with PlayFabEconomyAPI.ReviewItem.

Also the ratings don't appear here either: https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/r/t/<titleID>/economy/catalog/ugc

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

To sort by rating when SearchItems you can pass rating/average asc in OrderBy, refer to Search - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs for more details.

You can call GetItemReviews and GetItemReviewSummary to get ratings, there may be some delay in Game Manager.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Franc Pujolar i Pohl avatar image Franc Pujolar i Pohl commented ·

So just to be clear, I can NOT get ratings with 'Search Items'?

Also, I rated one of my items with a rating of 4, and later when I pass rating/average asc in OrderBy, it doens't seem to order them, tho maybe I have to try to add a 'rating != null' or something now that I think about it.

How much delay can there be in the game manager, are we talking mins, hours, days? Can't check it now because I deleted the items that I rated. This delay is in the game manager you say, does it apply to the orderby aswell?

Thank you sir, you guys always answer very quickly!

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang Franc Pujolar i Pohl commented ·

In my testing, the delay was a few hours, and it also applies to SearchItems, so you can't get real-time ratings via SearchItems, and you can't sort by ratings immediately after updating them.

1 Like 1 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

You can find more information about timing in the ratings system here.

Adding ratings to your user generated content - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.