question

eastprodigy avatar image
eastprodigy asked

Reward Ads Not Showing,Rewarded Ads Not Working ,Hi

Hi

So I’m trying to implement the Reward Ads feature to my UE4 game build, but to no success. I’m using Ad Mob test code with the app registered in Ad Mob already, and while Get Ad Placement and Reward Activity returns successful, there is no Ad being displayed. What did I do wrong?

There is a warning LogAdvertising that says AdProvider returns None.

Ismail

Hi

So I’m trying to implement the Reward Ads feature to my UE4 game build, but to no success. I’m using Ad Mob test code with the app registered in Ad Mob already, and while Get Ad Placement and Reward Activity returns successful, there is no Ad being displayed. What did I do wrong?

There is a warning LogAdvertising that says AdProvider returns None.

Ismail

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eastprodigy avatar image eastprodigy commented ·

Hello? Anybody there?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Rewarded ads will reward the player based on the completeness of the player watching the advertisement, this info should be provided by the SDK of your advertisement provider. But Rewarded ads doesn’t provide video ads, if there is no video being displayed, please consult your ad provider to see what is the cause.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eastprodigy avatar image eastprodigy commented ·

Hi Gosen. Thank you for the reply. Finally.

Yes I am aware of all of that you mentioned. I know Rewarded Ads does not provide video ads, but it should trigger them at specific play completion when the node is called. I am using the same Ad Mob IDs as I used for Unreal Engine itself, the former did it, but every time I integrate it into Playfab, nothing show up. Even the Banner that I set using normal nodes stop showing up. What could possibly been missing here?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao eastprodigy commented ·

Rewarded ads cannot control whether the video is displayed or not, as that should be controlled by the ad provider's SDK and Rewarded ads don't interact with it. The interaction between the two should be implemented by yourself. The common process is that you get the specific information of the advertisement through the GetAdPlacements API, and then use the ad provider's SDK to display the ad based on this information. When the player starts to watch a video, you can report the status of ad playback to PlayFab Rewarded ads through API ReportAdActivity, and use API RewardAdActivity to reward players after the ad is played.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.