question

nosalt avatar image
nosalt asked

PlayFab Party Voice in Unity

Hi,

I get the base chat function working with Unity/PlayFab Party.

Does PlayFab Party Voice communication works with Unity/C#? I don't find any documentation describing it.

I also try to enable the TextToSpeechMode:

PlayFabMultiplayerManager.Get().TextToSpeechMode = AccessibilityMode.Enabled;

but (obviously) nothing happens. Does this works with Unity anyway?

Thank you

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

PlayFab Party is available for Unity, you can refer to Party Unity plugin overview - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to download the corresponding SDK and refer to Party Unity plugin quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to get started. Also, have you enabled Party in Game Manager -> Multiplayer -> Party?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nosalt avatar image nosalt commented ·

I managed to get the TextToSpeech working with

PlayFabMultiplayerManager.Get().TextToSpeechMode = AccessibilityMode.Enabled;

although the language code is en-US, the English sounds really strange.

My question is more focused on Voice chat. Which method should I use from the Unity Plugin? I don't see any relevant method in the PlayFabMultiplayerManager class. It looks for me that is not implemented in the Unity Plugin.

Can you please confirm?

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang nosalt commented ·

Voice chat is enabled by default, but you can also set it manually when a player joins a party. Refer to Class PlayFabPlayer - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs and the code below.

private void OnRemotePlayerJoined(object sender, PlayFabPlayer player)
{
    player.IsMuted = false;
    player.VoiceLevel = 1;
}
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.