question

Shea Dunne avatar image
Shea Dunne asked

Using Photon Fusion with PlayFab, what's the best way to pair a photon PlayerId with a PlayfabId when a remote player joins a session?

What is the correct workflow here with PlayFab and Photon Fusion? I'd like the option in future of uploading a Linux headless build so I want to follow protocol. But I cannot find any documentation on PlayFab/Fusion integration. There's no concept of a room in Fusion

Player Dataphotonmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

After looking at the Photon Fusion’s documentation, I found that it is a Unity network library similar to Mirror. If you want to integrate PlayFab Multiplayer Servers with Fusion, please refer to Integrating game servers with the PlayFab Game Server SDK (GSDK). Also, you can refer to our Mirror sample to get more details.

I don’t quite understand what you mean by “pair a photon PlayerId with a PlayfabId”, and the Fusion documentation doesn’t mention that a Photon PlayerId is required to use this library. In common scenario, when the clients try to connect to the server with the Ip and port. They should pass their PlayFabId to the server, so the server can know who is connecting. With PlayFabId server can get all data associated with players stored in PlayFab. If you have other necessary data stored in Photon that can be obtained with the Photon PlayerId, then you can store Photon PlayerId in the corresponding player's Player Data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wwwnewbninja avatar image
wwwnewbninja answered

Has anyone had any luck finding a good set of tutorials covering playfab / photon fusion dedicated server setups?

Desperately want to see this. Don't even mind paying for it.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.