question

Mervin D Guy Jr avatar image
Mervin D Guy Jr asked

Encryption of Steam Ticket using RSA is invalid

I am attempting to encrypt /Client/LoginWithSteam API calls, however RSA encryption will not work because the length of the message must be smaller than the modulus - which is ~237 btyes (result of 256 bytes minus header size), steam tickets are much larger than this limit.

Is there another encryption method that PlayFab supports that will be able to handle a package of this size?

apisAccount ManagementAuthenticationdataPartner Add-ons
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mervin D Guy Jr avatar image Mervin D Guy Jr commented ·

@SethDu @Sarah Zhang @Citrus Yan @Gosen Gao apologizes for the tag, but since you all are knowledgeable on PlayFab and active on the forum, this may be the only way to get an answer. Thank you for any time and consideration in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mervin D Guy Jr avatar image Mervin D Guy Jr commented ·

Also to provide extra context, I am using Unity Engine with the latest PlayFabSDK release. I am also not attempting to use SteamEncryptAppTicket, I would like to use the Playfab supported version but encrypt the API call (/Client/LoginWithSteam). Also I have already updated the policy in my server.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Does PlayFab return any detailed error messages when you try to use encrypted login? I can submit a report to the team if you can provide detailed reproduction steps.

Please also consider submitting a support ticket to us if you are in a standard or more exclusive subscription plan, so that we can involve the product team

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.