question

Wonderbelly Games avatar image
Wonderbelly Games asked

Is it possible to make rolling weekly leaderboards?,Is there any way to achieve a rolling weekly leaderboard?

We have one set of leaderboards where the hard reset every sunday night/monday morning is ideal, but a different set that we'd prefer keep rolling and just incrementally decay out any scores older than a week rather than wiping them all at the same time.

I can't seem to find anything in the API that would let us make that happen. Am I missing something, or is this not possible with PlayFab at the moment?

We have one leaderboard where the hard reset every week is ideal, but a different one where we'd like to have the old scores decay out once they're a week old rather than wiping all scores every sunday night/monday morning.

On Apple, where we're using GameCenter for leaderboards, the rolling leaderboard is the default behavior, and we like it that way. We'd like it to behave similarly on all the other platform where we're using PlayFab for our leaderboards (Xbox, Steam, Playstation, and Switch). But I can't seem to find any way to accomplish that with the current API. Am I missing something, or is this not possible with PlayFab?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Wonderbelly Games avatar image Wonderbelly Games commented ·

I pushed post and it signed me in and gave me an empty UI to ask a new question, so I filled it in again, and now its posted both together with no way to edit out the duplicate info in both title and body. Can someone correct that for me since I can't edit it (and then delete this comment too)? Its just extra confusing (and obviously would also be great to fix the bug that makes it look empty in this flow when trying to ask). Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Currently, PlayFab doesn’t support such feature. If you need it, please feel free to post a feature request for it. As an alternative, you may need an external database to store both statistic and expire time so that you can delete a player’s statistic when it is expired.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.