question

Ayrton Olvera avatar image
Ayrton Olvera asked

Users getting state 'WaitingForServer' and timing out

Hello!

I got an Unreal dedicated server up and running for my project, the players were able to match properly but sometimes they get stuck in this state of the matchmaking ticket and the server never responds, causing to time out the ticket.

The problem is that the server state was on 'Standing by' which indicates that the server was ready but never responding, I've also tried to access the virtual machine but I couldn't, I was getting the error 'There was an error while loading data from the server. Please reload the page to retry'.

This problem has been persistent for the past 2 weeks or so.

Thanks for the help!

unrealCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not sure if this is related to a previous incident but pending in "WaitingForServer" can be caused by insufficient server instances in your server build. Can you confirm that there is at least 1 stand-by server instance when players are pending at "WaitingForServer" state?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ayrton Olvera avatar image Ayrton Olvera commented ·

Yes I was 100% sure that there was at least 1 Stand by server instance

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Ayrton Olvera commented ·

What's your title ID? I will take a look at the backend data.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi @Ayrton Olvera, since it has been idled for a few days. We are uncertain if this issue was caused by the previous incident, which has been resolved.

For now, I will mark it as closed temporarily, but please note that you can always reply to this thread to let us know. It is also suggested to send a new thread if you still have this issue. Thanks for your understanding.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.