question

Nishal John avatar image
Nishal John asked

Unreal: Can't see other players after logging In.,Can't see other players after logging in.

I implemented a basic login system. The login basically logs the player into a new map into a general map. However, when the player logs in, the players are unable to see each other. But when I try the same thing without the login. the players correctly load into the same map and can see each other and replication worked as intended.

I first thought it might be that I need to put the map in a dedicated server and connect to the server upon login. So I did but no luck. The player still could not see each other.

My question is am missing something? Why are players not able to see each other on login?

I made a general multiplayer game and added a playfab login system at the start. Upon successful login, the players are loaded into a map. However, in this map, the player cannot see each other even if they are standing at the exact same spot.

I first thought maybe the map has to be put on a dedicated server. So I tried that as well to no avail. The players log in correctly but still cannot see each other. It works fine if both players join the map without using the login system and all actions are replicated as intended.

My question is am I missing something? Why are players not able to see each other?

unrealCustom Game Serversmultiplayergame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

PlayFab is a RESTful API-based service, which is stateless. When you log in, it returns a session identifier for subsequent calls to APIs that require authentication, which does not affect your connection to the dedicated server. It is recommended that you use breakpoint debugging to see if some methods in the multiplayer module are called correctly when the login completes.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nishal John avatar image Nishal John commented ·

This is the blueprint. It's a simple login that leads to "open level" upon success.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nishal John avatar image Nishal John commented ·

I can't see any issue in this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang Nishal John commented ·

I mean you should check your code execution order. When the login is complete, whether some methods of connecting to the server are executed correctly.
Your blueprint does not involve the method of connecting to the server, under what circumstances is the method of connecting executed?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nishal John avatar image Nishal John Made Wang commented ·

Do you mean connecting to the dedicated server? in which case. It would be the same thing except it just does open *IP address*. Where the dedicted server is running the unreal map. Is there any other explicit way of connecting to the server?
Also, this is a bare-bones login using the ThirdPersonExample from unreal so I doubt any issue there is causing the failure to see other people.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.