question

mdyrho18 avatar image
mdyrho18 asked

Am i understanding pricing correctly?

I am having difficulty understanding how exactly servers are instantiated and run with PlayFab MPS. so let's say that I have a game that can have 2 players in a room where they need to collaborate. The only networking that is being used is sending back and forth an array of numbers every 500ms. Since this would be a pretty low-performance task I was thinking I could have a 2 core VM with somewhere between 20-40 servers per VM.

So when I add a build at the top of the screen it says servers per machine. If I put in 40 servers into that field would it then be possible to have 80 players at the same time on that machine and only use 2 core hours per hour?

Also am I correct in assuming that sending back and forth an array of numbers is a low-performance task?

pricingmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

You should do some performance/load testing to see how your game servers react under pressure. This feature can help you visualize CPU and RAM VM Metrics (preview) - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.