question

umut avatar image
umut asked

Import playfab ids as player segment

Hi, we're doing some off-site processes on our end and we want to take certain actions on certain players. We have a list of playfab ids, is there a way to target these players? I've tried uploading the list to CDN and use that with scheduled tasks but sadly I've hit the API call limit very early on.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

May I ask if you are using Cloud Script/Azure Functions when doing this task? To be clear, it should be fine if you directly call server API and iterate this player list because the rate of server APIs is limited to 1000 calls per 10 seconds, and because in many SDKs, PlayFab API is asynchronous, if you call all APIs in a loop, exceeding limit error will occur.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

To import those players into a segment, you can iteratively call API to add tags for them, while creating a segment and setting up filters. Then run a task on this segment.

0 Likes 0 ·
umut avatar image umut commented ·

Right now I'm using a cloudscript that pulls the list from a file in CDN and then iterates over it. I'm calling the cloudscript via a scheduled task which fails with the error API limit reached for a single cloudscript call when the player list is as little as 30. Are you suggesting that I locally iterate over the ids on this file and then send a cloud script execute function for each of them that adds a tag?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ umut commented ·

I won't suggest implementing any I/O or file loading from CDN in Cloud Script, because the runtime limit will exceed easily. If this process is compulsory, you need to create Queued Azure Function, which will allow longer runtime.

However, it seems to be a one-time job. I suggest simply creating a script in your local environment.

>>Are you suggesting that I locally iterate over the ids on this file and then send a cloud script execute function for each of them that adds a tag?

Yes, if you simply want them to be in the same segemnt.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.