question

Matt avatar image
Matt asked

Extra Data with Statistics

Hey folks,

Is there a way to store extra data (outside of using the 2 high-order bytes since that might not be enough room for me) within a statistic/leaderboard?

I'd like to have a leaderboard that shows how well players have done, but I want to include the perks players have chosen when earning those values to show with each entry.

Thanks!

-Matt

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

When calling GetLeaderboard API, you can define ShowStatistics in the property ProfileConstraints of the request, which allows players to check other statistics. You may store additional information via other statistics. Otherwise, players are required to send additional calls to get "configuration" information, which can be stored in Entity Objects or Player Data.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt avatar image Matt commented ·

It sounds like those additional calls would be per entry in the leaderboard, and that just feels too cumbersome / heavyhanded to do when a player finishes a game and checks the results. They could swap between top x or x around them, so I'd be making a ton of calls to get extra data.

I'll look into this ProfileConstraints option and see how that would work.

Thanks for the info.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.