question

connorhallman29 avatar image
connorhallman29 asked

Creating a lobby system

Im not really sure I entirely understand the lobby system. What Im trying to do is create a way for players to first join each other (imagine squading up with your friends on COD but before you load into a game) then join a game, but joining a lobby only returns a lobby ID. Am I supposed to then do Get Lobby, which returns a list of entity keys, then puts those entity keys into the MembersToMatchWith field of the CreateMatchMakingTicketRequest? If that were the case then I would somehow how to remotely create a match making ticket for every member of the lobby at the same time. Moreover I would like to display members of the lobby's avatars and display names which I guess I could do by getting the player profile of all the members of the lobby.

multiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

You can call GetLobby to get the entity information of all players in the lobby, and then create a matchmaking ticket by the lobby owner, and then the player calls JoinMatchmakingTicket to join this ticket.

You can call GetProfile to get the avatar after getting the player entity information, but this API cannot get the display name at present. You can store the display name in the entity object, or pass it in as a key-value pair as a parameter to MemberData when the player joins the lobby.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.