Hi, we are working on Unreal multiplayer game using beacons on xbox using PlayfabParty.
We are having issues connecting host and client via beacons.
We observe the following situation:
- When initializing Unreal automatically creates a NetDriver;
- PlayFabSocket in that driver gets its LocalEndpoint value set to null because no PlayFab session exists at that time and OnlineSubsystemPlayFab->LocalEndpoint is not set as a consequence;
- Later when the game starts initializing new PlayFab online session (using FOnlineSessionPlayFab::CreateSession) OnlineSubsystemPlayFab->LocalEndpoint gets set but the socket does not get updated;
- As a consequence, FPlayFabSocket::SendTo fails with "FPlayFabSocket::SendTo failed, LocalEnpoint was null" error;
We are also using Online Beacons that do not seem to initialize correctly with PlayFabNetDriver (connection times out because the host ignores handshake packets). The problem may be a side effect of the aforementioned situation, though.
So in respect to what we observed we currently have two questions here:
1. Is it possible to update LocalEndpoint value on PlayFabSocket without recreated said socket? (the PlayFabSocket created by default has it set to null, because we get that value set in OnlineSubsystemPlayfab at later time)
2. How should the PlayFab be set up for it to correctly work with unreal beacons?