question

duartedd avatar image
duartedd asked

login via webgl and standalone into steam

Hello

how would i be able to lets say user logs into web based game and creates their account via custom id - then they want to switch to steam - how can i get them to link their steam account to the other account since the customid is going to be different via webgl then the standalone steam version?

For instance I need to link Steam on the webgl build but there is no login parameters or anything

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Do you want to log in with a custom ID on WebGL and want to be able to link this account to your steam account? Or do you have two PlayFab accounts, one logged in with steam and one with a custom ID, and you want to link the steam account to both?

Regarding logging in with a custom ID on WebGL, you can use a GUID to generate a custom ID, refer to How to get unique id on the clinet (WebGL) - Playfab Community.

Regarding linking steam accounts, you can call LinkSteamAccount to achieve, as for SteamTicket, you can refer to Setting up PlayFab authentication using Steam and Unity - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

If you have two PlayFab accounts and your steam account can only be linked to one of them, you can set ForceLink to true when calling LinkSteamAccount to unlink the last linked account and link to the current account.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

duartedd avatar image duartedd commented ·

So what I wanted to do was if someone created an account in Steam - but wanted to play the webgl version later - move the webgl customID over to the older account (the steam one)....BUT the problem is I THINK - the loginwithsteam on webgl i would need to setup some custom callback since the webgl version doesnt have a way to connect to the steam client launching the UI and interacting with the logged in user.

Etiher way this isnt really a Playfab issue but more of a different way of having to do things issue.

Instead of creating another openID callback server I ended up just creating a recovery account system to take care of any other possible login addons i configure in the future as well

thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.