question

levet-jerome avatar image
levet-jerome asked

Friends - Platform friends

Hi there,

I'm working on a cross-platform project (Xbox/Playstation/Nintendo Switch).
We are planning some friends related features.

As i currently undestand Playfab API / possibilities, if we want to "merge" all native platforms friends (Xbox Live Friends, PSN Friends, Nintendo Friends) the only way to do it would be manually parse platform specific friend lists, check if there is a PlayFab account linked to it through /GetPlayFabIDsFromPSNAccountIDs and /GetPlayFabIDsFromXboxLiveIDs calls.
And add/Delete friends to keep the Playfab list "kind of up to date".

Problem is: for PSN and XboxLive this looks doable, but on Nintendo side i only see /GetPlayFabIDsFromNintendoSwitchDeviceIds which is not what i want obviously being Hardware related and not account related.

Is the only way on Nintendo to Link a CustomId with the Nintendo Account Id / some generated ID and use /GetPlayFabIDsFromGenericIDs ?

Am i completely missing something?

Thank you
Jerome

Friends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Some features in your description are not supported, but you can store any player ID in Player Data/Player Read-Only Data, so that players can get other IDs from APIs calls like GetPlayerCombinedInfo, GetUserData, etc.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

levet-jerome avatar image levet-jerome commented ·

Hi and thank you for your answer.
I don't get it, which feature is not supported?

Retrieving PSN/Xbox/Nintendo Friends IDs? for 1?2?3 platforms?
Retrieving associated (if any) Playfab accounts? in that case what's the purpose of the 2 API calls i listed?

Is it an option of add Generic Ids for every player with their "native platform account id" ? and then do as i describe for Nintendo Switch?

Thank you!
Jerome

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ levet-jerome commented ·

>>Is it an option of add Generic Ids for every player with their "native platform account id" ? and then do as i describe for Nintendo Switch?

Yes, you can use Generic ID so that you can use GetPlayFabIDsFromGenericIDs to get player's PlayFab ID.

I also recommend you import the Postman collection and simply search "from" to review all available APIs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.