question

sking avatar image
sking asked

How to give the server some information when using the RequestMultiplayerServer API

Hi,

In our 1v1 multiplayer game, we have player vs player working, but now we're trying to get player vs AI working. Matchmaking API works great for player vs player. It creates the server for us automatically which makes things very simple. However it seems we cannot use it for matching against an AI opponent. No problem, we can simply request a server for our player. My issue is actually sending some information to the server to indicate that only 1 player will actually be joining.

Is there a standard way of sending information to the server when requesting it? CustomTags to me seems like it could be it but I'm not sure.

I would be so appreciative of any answers and whether or not this is the wrong approach to this problem.

Cheers!

applemultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

You can pass some details in the session cookie parameter.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sking avatar image sking commented ·

I am so dumb. It's literally in the docs. Thanks!!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.