question

connorhallman29 avatar image
connorhallman29 asked

Confusion On Registering Games

Im folliwng this guide when I wrote the code up to the point where I join a game, then I realized I have to first script a way to have the game server register itself using PlayFabServerAPI.RegisterGame(). When you register a game you set a "GameMode" in the RegisterGameRequest but when I was doing matchmaking I was using a "QueueName" in the MatchMakingTicketRequest. It says in the docs here that "this must be defined in the Game Modes tab in the PlayFab Game Manager, along with the Build ID (the same Game Mode can be defined for multiple Build IDs).". But I don't see a GameModes tab in the PlayFab Game Manager. There is a Queue tab, but the Queue tab doesn't require a Build ID like the docs say a GameMode requires. What do I put in the GameMode section on the RegisterGame api call and how does it relate to the Queue?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

If you want to use PlayFab Matchmaking to implement a matchmaking system, then you don’t need to call API Register Game. After the matchmaking is complete, you can connect the matched players to your game servers directly. Or, if you want to interact with the PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, then you can select a server build while you configure the Queue, then after the matchmaking is complete, a server instance will be automatically allocated.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.