question

Daniel avatar image
Daniel asked

Notify Player/Client

I'm not sure if this is possible or the best way to go about it. Currently I have the player's XP stored as a Statistic. When the player's XP reaches a certain threshold, I'd like to have them level up on PlayFab. I know I can handle the player level through either another Statistic or Player Segment. Then I can just create an Automation Rule to increment the player's level. I know how to do all this, but my question is whether it's possible to trigger an event on the game client to let the player know they've leveled up. So for example, the player gets a kill. They are rewarded enough XP to level up. Can I have PlayFab send some kind of OnLevelUp event to the client to let them know they've leveled up?

Leaderboards and Statisticsunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

PlayFab doesn’t support send message to the clients directly, if you want to notify the player, you can try Push Notifications which can send a message to the user’s associated device. Or, you may implement Azure pub-sub: Azure Web PubSub – WebSocket Web Publishing | Microsoft Azure.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.