I was wondering what is the best flow to provide co-op sessions in my game?
At this moment I am using RequestMultiplayerServer and players can play on server but I was thinking about using Matchmaking or Party to scale my game.
As I dived in I started to think that is a bit too much for my need but I also saw that RequestMultiplayerServer should not be allowed to use by clients and should be called using Azure Functions, so I think I have to choose one anyways.
My requirements are:
- matches of 2-4 players
- cross-platform support
- creating party and inviting friends
- game logic is calculated on player that created game(so I need server to send and recieve data between players)
There is no rank or any competetive type of the game.
My game flow is pretty simple:
1. Player creates new game with settings(eg. difficulty of AI)
2. Player invites friends/players to play with.
3. They are playing the game for how long they want.
At this point I don't see case where I need to use Matchmaking or Party API, but maybe I should?
Matchmaking provides me queueing players but in co-op case you usually end up with playing with friends or joining random games, which can be provided by Matchmaking, so as for now that is one case where I can use Matchmaking.
On the other side Party provides me cross-platform, local games and lot of functionalities I might use in future.
At this point I have no idea what to use and I would be very thankful for any suggestions or help.