question

johnscaban avatar image
johnscaban asked

How to use my own dedicated servers with PlayFab matchmaking?

How would I go about setting up PlayFab matchmaking to work with my dedicated server, if its even possible? Any help would be appreciated!

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

If you are not using a PlayFab multiplayer server, then you can identify the player's queue and instantiate the server based on the Match Id.

If you're using the PlayFab multiplayer server, you can enable server allocation for the match queue as shown below, so that when GetMatch is called, server information is returned for clients to connect to.

Refer to Matchmaking quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn more.

server.png (11.5 KiB)
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

johnscaban avatar image johnscaban commented ·

If you are not using a PlayFab multiplayer server, then you can identify the player's queue and instantiate the server based on the Match Id.

How can I identify the player's queue? What I want is that for the dedicated servers that are running, players can play in them after being matched.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang johnscaban commented ·

I mean you can call GetMatch and pass in the Match Id to get all players in this match.

0 Likes 0 ·
johnscaban avatar image johnscaban Made Wang commented ·

Ok, but how would I get the correct Match Id on the server? And how would I connect the players to my server?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.