question

DevAccount avatar image
DevAccount asked

How to unregister device from playfab push notifications?,How to un register device from playfab push notifications?,How can we un register device from push notifications?

We have scenarios like a Player can log in to multiple devices at the same time and we are registering the device for push notifications using API PlayFabClientAPI.RegisterForIOSPushNotificationAsync and PlayFabClientAPI.AndroidDevicePushNotificationRegistrationAsync.

So the problem is when the user logout from the device and another user log in to the same device, the device is getting notifications for the user which is logged out.

The question is how can I unregister the device from push notifications when users log out?

We have scenarios like a Player can log in to multiple devices at the same time and we are registering the device for push notifications using API PlayFabClientAPI.RegisterForIOSPushNotificationAsync and PlayFabClientAPI.AndroidDevicePushNotificationRegistrationAsync.

So the problem is when the user logout from the device and another user log in to the same device, the device is getting notifications for the user which is logged out.

The question is how can I unregister the device from push notifications when users log out?

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

There is no API from PlayFab that can unregister the push notification. I think you need to add a logout function that processes for players to "forget" this device, for example, unlink device id and calling Firebase APIs to unregister this device (if it is Android).

Feel free to send a thread on the Feature Request Forum - https://community.playfab.com/spaces/24/index.html.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DevAccount avatar image DevAccount commented ·

Even I am unable to unlink a device from PlayFab. I am simply registering the device using PlayFabClientAPI.RegisterForIOSPushNotificationAsync method and not getting any deviceId in the response.

So any solution to do that and how then we can handle multiple logins for players then?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ DevAccount commented ·

According to my experience, the player account can only register one device for push notification, hence when a player logs in in a new device and registers this device for push notification, only the new device will be able to receive push.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.