question

jeeth avatar image
jeeth asked

Localization and Moderation unclear in the unity PlayFab Party SDK

I have been able to set up a basic text chat feature using the playfab party unity sdk in unity. What I am unclear is how to handle and test out localization and Moderation.

Language Supported

I am from India, so I am assuming if I send "Hello" and equivalent Hindi work should appear at the receiver should be "Namaste". Is my assumption correct? If so, it doesn't seem to happen, how can I get this working.

Regarding moderation, I send abusive words but I don't see moderation happening on the remote client in the network. How can I confirm moderation to work.?

Any help here is much appreciated. Thank you.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeeth avatar image jeeth commented ·

Sory for the typos
I am from India, so I am assuming if I send "Hello" an equivalent Hindi word should appear at the receivers end , which should be "Namaste". Is my assumption correct? If so, it doesn't seem to happen, how can I get this working.

0 Likes 0 ·
jeeth avatar image
jeeth answered

Okay so finally understood how to get moderation working as well.

To get moderation and localization support together on the same network, I had to modify the SDK.

Used SetTextChatOptions to send a bitwise OR operation of both enums

Now by setting the unity API LanguageCode and setting the SetTextChatOption as shown below we can achieve moderation as well as localization for the same network.

PARTY_TEXT_CHAT_OPTIONS.PARTY_TEXT_CHAT_OPTIONS_FILTER_OFFENSIVE_TEXT | PARTY_TEXT_CHAT_OPTIONS.PARTY_TEXT_CHAT_OPTIONS_TRANSLATE_TO_LOCAL_LANGUAGE
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

These features require you to manually enable, refer to Understanding How PlayFab Party chat works - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to enable text translation, and refer to Using text moderation - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to enable text moderation.

2 comments
10 |1200

I am using the UNITY SDK. Should I modify the SDK myself to get this working?
FOR LOCALISATION In the unity SDK I tried making TranslateChat property to true wouldn't that work?
FOR MODERATION I will have to modify the SDK itself or is there anything exposed to do so, it doesn't seem to me.

The link you have shared are C++ API, I don't see anything in the UNITY API here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/unity-party-api-reference/classes/playfabplayer/properties/playfabunitychatstate

Could you give a little more information on the unity side please, whether UNITY SDK itself provides the feature or not?

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·
jeeth avatar image
jeeth answered

I think I have found the unity API call for language controls I have to check it out but please do help me out with the moderation work. it would be great. UNITY specific if possible.

I will update this thread if my localisation turns out successful.

10 |1200

jeeth avatar image
jeeth answered
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.