question

Komodo Legends Developer avatar image
Komodo Legends Developer asked

Different coroutine results between server build and local build? (PlayFab + Mirror)

I have a Mirror command function to randomly get a character from character pools (which is a scriptable object) and pass the character data (name, race, element, etc.) to a button. The scene has 5 character buttons so you'll get 5 buttons with 5 potentially different character to choose from. Tested it via Mirror local build and all of it runs fine but when I converted and built it to PlayFab version, I always get the same character for all of my buttons. Anyone knows why the result is different between the local version and PlayFab version?

data
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Komodo Legends Developer avatar image Komodo Legends Developer commented ·

Oh I forgot to mention that the command function is called inside a coroutine if that makes a difference.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

I believe this part is to randomly select 5 characters from the character pool, and then bind a button to each for the player to choose. Do you generate random numbers to decide which character to choose? If not, can you explain in detail how the 5 characters were chosen? It would be better if you can provide a code snippet.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.