question

Philipp Bondarev avatar image
Philipp Bondarev asked

Does the PlayFab fullcover my needs?

Hi, I'm UE4 hobbyist creating my first multiplayer project. That's something similar with Empires and Puzzles game. So, I dug it up a little bit and figured out that main functionality of PlayFab SDK is pretty usefull. As far as I need to run somewhere UE4 Dedicated servers (one per connected user) I thought that PlayFab Servers is exactly that I need. But after that I realized that I should to use Matchmaking subsytem to start Dedicated server and there is limitation of at least 2 users per server existing. Does it mean that I can't use PlayFab Servers?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

It is not necessary to start the PlayFab server by Matchmaking, you can call RequestMultiplayerServer to request the server and this method has no limit on the minimum number of people. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Philipp Bondarev avatar image Philipp Bondarev commented ·

Hi Made, yep, I already found somewhere on forum the same answer so I just didn't know how to delete my question. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.