question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

3rd parties' secret keys configuration

johntube
started a topic on Mon, 19 January 2015 at 4:37 PM

First I want to know the use of these credentials data and how important they are to a successful integration of a 3rd party services like Google, Facebook, Steam or GameCenter. I mean are they required, crucial or just optional ? Because since PlayFab SKDs do not include the respective the client libraries/SDKs and PlayFab does not interact with those services only for OAuth so...

In case they are needed, I want to know how to configure them as the Facebook one was easy but the list of fields required for Google info is rather long and the field names are not helping as there are no equivalent ones in the Google Developer Console.

Thanks,

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 20 January 2015 at 12:41 AM

Hi Hamza,

We'll have tooltip help on the updated Game Manager soon, but in the meantime, here's the info on the Google integration settings:

Google App Package ID: This is the Package Name you specified when setting up your app (something like com.domainname.gamename).
Google App License Key: This is the public license key generated when you added your app to the Google Play Developer Control (http://developer.android.com/training/in-app-billing/preparing-iab-app.html). It's necessary for any server-to-server calls on your title's behalf, such as receipt validation.
Google Cloud Messaging API Key: Required to do Push notification via GCM. You can set this up via the Google Developers Console - here's the Google doc page that talks specifically about this: http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/gs.html.
Google Push Notification Application ARN: This is the Amazon Resource Name (we use Amazon's push service) for your application, which is created as a result of your call to Admin/SetupPushNotification. You don't actually set this in the Game Manager - the admin API call configured it for you.
Brendan

3 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 20 January 2015 at 12:41 AM

Hi Hamza,

We'll have tooltip help on the updated Game Manager soon, but in the meantime, here's the info on the Google integration settings:

Google App Package ID: This is the Package Name you specified when setting up your app (something like com.domainname.gamename).
Google App License Key: This is the public license key generated when you added your app to the Google Play Developer Control (http://developer.android.com/training/in-app-billing/preparing-iab-app.html). It's necessary for any server-to-server calls on your title's behalf, such as receipt validation.
Google Cloud Messaging API Key: Required to do Push notification via GCM. You can set this up via the Google Developers Console - here's the Google doc page that talks specifically about this: http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/gs.html.
Google Push Notification Application ARN: This is the Amazon Resource Name (we use Amazon's push service) for your application, which is created as a result of your call to Admin/SetupPushNotification. You don't actually set this in the Game Manager - the admin API call configured it for you.
Brendan

johntube said on Tue, 03 March 2015 at 3:43 PM

Hey Brendan,

I started configuring Push Notifications which led me to this page where you can read at the bottom that the Google App Package ID should contain the Google Project number instead of the package name ! So ?

Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 03 March 2015 at 9:41 PM

Thanks, Hamza - that write-up was out of date. I've updated it with the correct info (from the above).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.