question

Zachary Smith avatar image
Zachary Smith asked

Warning: Steam Dedicated Server API failed to initialize.

I've already filled out all required steam ports and added the globaldefinitions to the unreal engine project in the target.cs files. Would anyone know how to fix this?

unreal
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zachary Smith avatar image Zachary Smith commented ·

The default online subsystem is steam.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If it is about Steam API implementation on Unreal Engine, I suggest consulting Steam developer community or Unreal Engine Community for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zachary Smith avatar image Zachary Smith commented ·

No, all correct steam dlls are included. I fixed that dedicated server api issue, but I can't even connect to the server, since I always get timed out, the server itself switches from standby to active, so it's doing something.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Zachary Smith commented ·

If you are using PlayFab Multiplayer Server 2.0, you need PlayFab API to request for server instance details (Address and ports), which is RequestMultiplayerServer API. Otherwise, if you enabled the auto-allocation feature for the matchmaking queue, instance details will return from GetMatch API. How do you get the server address and ports?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

Have you tried debugging locally with LocalMultiplayerAgent? https://github.com/playfab/MpsAgent

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.