question

omerdruu avatar image
omerdruu asked

Filtering with Player Data and Photon

I have each user choose gender and save player data when logging in. In the lobby set up with Photon I have a button called "match". When the user presses this button, I want him to join the room with any of the other users pressing this button. (A new room for 2 people will be set up and these two people will automatically join the room) And I want to know if users can do gender filtering. For example, when the user presses the male button on the filter bar and then presses the "pair" button, I want it to join the room with any of the male users who hit the "match" button. Is it possible? can you guide me

Player DataphotonMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, it can be easily done via PlayFab Matchmaking system. Please refer to Matchmaking - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to get started.

If there are 2 fixed people for a match, you may set both min and max match size as 2 in the queue configuration. In terms of gender filter, there are few workarounds, but the straightforward solution is to add a string equality rule.

If you have never checked matchmaking system, please feel free to play around and please let me know if you have any other questions.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.