question

brian-8 avatar image
brian-8 asked

Is it still not possible to search in Playfab API?,Playfab API Searching

As question states - I still can’t find a way to search Playfab data like entities, groups, etc.

I’d love to use the services but if I have to store the data anyway for searching I might as well just build my own services.

Am I missing something?

I’m still surprised that there are no search capabilities in the API for entities or any of the features.

I would like to use the Playfab services to speed up development but if the only solution for search is to build my own external database then I might as well just not use the Playfab services.

Is searching still not available?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

First, group is one of the entities, for more info, please refer to the built-in entity types.

If you want to search a group, you can use API GetGroup by passing the GroupName or EntityKey.

You can use API GetAccountInfo to get some user data by passing the Email or Username. The important point is that you can also get PlayFabId in its response. With the PlayFabId, you can call many APIs to get the information you need.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brian-8 avatar image brian-8 commented ·

But you can’t search by partial names or any data on the entity that your store correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao brian-8 commented ·

Yes, you are correct. Currently, PlayFab doesn't support such search feature. If you need it, please feel free to post a feature request for it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.