question

peterkallviks avatar image
peterkallviks asked

Protect Secret Key using ResetPassword API

After a lot of research and tests I have successfully implemented a web-page that reset the PlayFab password! As this is the first time I work with php, CSS, have very limited experience with html it has been a quite interesting learning experience.

However, in the ResetPassword API the Secret-Key is a requirement: "This API requires a title secret key, available to title admins, from PlayFab Game Manager.".

As I do not want my Secret-key to leak I would like to ask for advise hot to protect the secret key?

ResetPassword - REST API

I have not yet tested Cloud Scripts but found this:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/44554/how-to-make-the-reset-password-function.html

...it looks like I can only use this function if I have an Azure subscription?

Cheers

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Usually, the password reset webpage should interact with your custom server, and the server will call the Admin API to send a password reset request.

Of course, you can also refer to the method described in the thread you mentioned and implement it using Cloud Script on Azure Function.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

peterkallviks avatar image peterkallviks commented ·

What would it cost to only use Azure to send these cloud scripts?

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang peterkallviks commented ·

You can refer to Pricing - Functions | Microsoft Azure for the pricing of Azure Functions.

0 Likes 0 ·
peterkallviks avatar image
peterkallviks answered

Do you think a free forever virtual server from the likes of AWS, Oracle etc. could do the trick in a secure fashion?

1 comment
10 |1200

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

I don't know them very well and suggest you seek their professional advice.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.