question

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio asked

Unable to override files on PlayFab's Content Service

I'm trying to upload an updated file to content storage under the same key. I receiving upload link, executing PUT request with no exceptions. All seems to be fine, but the file I downloading still the same I loaded in the very first time.

I've tested this case on the code you provided in this post https://community.playfab.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/205469488-How-to-upload-files-to-PlayFab-s-Content-Service .

To reproduce:

1. Run example mentioned before.

2. Upload some file. Check the file you downloaded.

3. Modify file or replace with any other, but keep name and content key.

4. Execute Upload again.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, our current cache lifetime on files in the Content service is 24 hours. Apologies for the inconvenience - we will be updating later on to provide versioning, so that you can iterate on content under the same key in a future update. For now, I would have to recommend using a fresh key, and keeping that in either a project configuration file or title data. Alternately, you could store it with a sequence ID as part of the string (the Key), so that you could just pick the one with the highest value.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My Game Studio answered

I have also tried calling DeleteContent before upload, but result was the same.

10 |1200

My Game Studio answered

Thank you for the quick response!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.