question

Abdul-rahman Yasir Khalil avatar image
Abdul-rahman Yasir Khalil asked

Playfab UE4 and Platforms

Hello,
I have been reading Playfab's documentation for UE4 and I would like to Use Playfab's multiplayer backend servies to develop Android and iOS games using UE4 but it says that it only supports PC's, XBOX One's and XBOX series S's GDKs for platforms, does that mean I won't be able to use for mobile games ? it is a little bit confusing.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

As stated in the documentation, the PlayFab Online subsystem is currently designed for use in developing PC and Xbox games, so Android and iOS are currently not supported. Feel free to post a feature request for it if you need it.

Also, if matching is what you want, the PlayFab SDK provides this functionality. Refer to Matchmaking - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs for more information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Philipp Bondarev avatar image
Philipp Bondarev answered

I think that you can design your game in the way that will not require some kind of mobile functionality. If I get it right, PlayFab's servers are just a common VMs with scaling.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.